Champagne life over just like that *snaps fingers*, why do bad things happen to good PIPO 😭. With my holiday over, which I have solid proof that I had just 14 hours in a day as opposed to the 30 hour days I have when I have to go to work, we had such a great time in Paphos, Cyprus. We stayed in the most gorgeous hotel that catered to families so well that I couldn't really stay anywhere else without judging them and their lack of soul for not catering to kids. The holiday with friends and their families was the very best I think I have had in all my life.
While we were here to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary in the same hotel we got married in and had our honeymoon, it was a special time for my friends and me when we looked back 10 years ago and saw how much we had grown spiritually, professionally, emotionally and financially (do I hear an AMEN). Also, to see our children who didn't exist 10 years ago playing, laughing and having conversations just filled our hearts with so much joy.
Having visited Paphos twice before I knew what to expect with the climate, culture and the general feel for the place. That knowledge helped me greatly when I started putting outfits together. Paphos is a liberal town and it is very tourist oriented so really little was out of bound when choosing outfits. Some strategies I applied
- I packed day and night outfits for every day I was away. Dinner is always a special time to bond with the family, and where there is live music I will have a dance with my two left feet 😂 so I make dressing up part of the special occasion. I always pack spare just in case I have a wardrobe malfunction like this actually happened on my holiday where my zip popped and I had to substitute my outfit for a spare. I chose trousers and a blazer for climates where it is cooler in the evening so I don't ever regret alfresco dining. Lastly, I opted for loose clothing for comfort and to hide the belly after stuffing my face 😂. Here are some of my outfits below.
( I obviously have a good side and I am not afraid to show it 😂).
- Daytime outfits are pretty easy wear. One pair of denim shorts and one pair of tailored shorts with loose cotton tops for max comfort. The simplicity of the outfits calls for accessorising. I like to accessorise with earrings.
Moral of the story, pack many statement earrings and bracelets that would uplift any outfit.
The pool/ beach style. This is an area that is often overlooked. I had to up my bikini game when I went on holiday to the South of France last year and 60 something-year-old women were giving me a run for my money in the bikini game. This time I packed a different bikini with accessories for every day and realised I spent a lot of time in swimwear so I secretly patted myself on the back for making that call.
Some of my favourite pieces to consider when going on a beach holiday with very warm weather
clockwise here, here, here and here
clockwise here, here, here and here
Prints are big this summer, these are my favourite pieces clockwise here, here, here and here
Lastly evening wear. nothing over the top, simple but elegant, here are some dresses I love for holiday evenings clockwise here, here, here and here
Swimsuits vs Bikini, which one are you i.e Bikini bod or Bikini bod under construction. I am a swimsuit person the be honest, I like to be modest but it is a personal preference. This is an area always neglected for some reason, get your swimsuit game strong this summer. Top tip, white is doing it for me this season
here and here
In summary, key strategies/ checklist for someone going to a beach holiday for 5 days
- Pack six daytime outfits mix it up with prints and stripes and make most of your outfit separates rather than maxi dresses or jumpsuit, pack shorts and tops and then one or two dresses so you can mix and match.
- Pack 4 evening outfits, do not go over the top, you are not going to a presidential dinner. make sure it is comfortable and breezy, I try to avoid tight clothes too.
- Do not dull with swimsuits, pack one for each day you are there with matching accessories too. Who said swimsuits are for getting into the water only? its also for looking pretty walking from your lounger to the pool bar and back again (repeating 100 times a day).
- Get cover-ups to complement your swimsuit.
- Try on every outfit (and photograph in the mirror) before you put it in the bag otherwise, you will end up taking things you don't like and things you will not wear.
- Start packing a week before not the night before otherwise how do you know what to order last minute before the holiday.
- HAVE A GOOD TIME. Make the streets of your destination your catwalk.
I hope these have helped. If you have any questions, hit me up. Until next time buttercups.